The event will be streamed live at live.gearsofwar.com.
Split 2 Major presented by UMG
- Day 1 – Friday, May 14: Stream starts at 8 AM PT/10 AM CT/11 AM ET/4 PM BST
- Day 2 – Saturday, May 15th: Stream starts at 8 AM PT/10 AM CT/11 AM ET/4 PM BST
- Day 3 – Sunday, May 16th: Stream starts at 8 AM PT/10 AM CT/11 AM ET/4 PM BST
The Winter Major will take place over four days.
Open Qualifiers – Sunday, May 9th & Friday, May 14th
In lieu of a Double Elimination Open Bracket, the event will include two Single Elimination Open Qualifier tournaments for Challenger teams, with the first Qualifier taking place Sunday, May 9th, and the Last Chance Qualifier taking place Friday, May 14th.
Competition will begin at 12PM, CST for the first Qualifier, and 10AM CST for the Last Chance Qualifier. Each of these competitions will qualify 4 teams directly into the Championship Bracket of the Major.
PLEASE NOTE: Once a team has qualified their roster is considered locked, and may not be changed prior to the Major.
Swiss Bracket – Friday, May 14th
In addition to the Last Chance Qualifier, Friday, May 14th will feature a two-group Swiss Bracket, which will be used to establish final seeding for the Double Elimination Championship Bracket.
Each of the two Swiss Bracket will consist of 8 teams and be divided into groups consisting of the following teams:
- Group A: Pro League Ranked #1,#4,#5,#8,#9,#12 and Challenger Ranked #1
- Group B: Pro League Ranked #2,#3,#6,#7,#10#,#11 and Challenger Ranked #2
Each Pool will play 3 rounds of Swiss Bracket style competition, with the results of Swiss Bracket play being used to seed the Championship Bracket.
Each team’s starting seed will be carried throughout the entirety of the Swiss Phase.
Championship Bracket – Saturday, May 15th & Sunday, May 16th
The 24 team Double Elimination Championship bracket will consist of:
- 8 Teams from Group A
- 8 Teams from Group B
- Top 4 teams from Saturday, May 9th Qualifier
- Top 4 teams from Friday, May 14th Qualifier
Teams will be seeded as follows:
- #1 Seed: Group A #1
- #2 Seed: Group B #1
- #3 Seed: Group A #2
- #4 Seed: Group B #2
- #5 Seed: Group A #3
- #6 Seed: Group B #3
- #7 Seed: Group A #4
- #8 Seed: Group B #4
- #9 Seed: Group A #5
- #10 Seed: Group B #5
- #11 Seed: Group A #6
- #12 Seed: Group B #6
- #13 Seed: Group A #7
- #14 Seed: Group B #7
- #15 Seed: Group A #8
- #16 Seed: Group B #8
- #17 Seed: LCQ #1 (Winner)
- #18 Seed: LCQ #2 (Runner Up)
- #19 Seed: LCQ #3 (3rd/4th)
- #20 Seed: LCQ #4 (3rd/4th)
- #21 Seed: Open Bracket #1 (Winner)
- #22 Seed: Open Bracket #2 (Runner Up)
- #23 Seed: Open Bracket #3 (3rd/4th)
- #24 Seed: Open Bracket #4 (3rd/4th)
All games will be played as best of 3 except the Grand Finals, which will be played best of 5, with the Winner’s Bracket team starting with a 1-0 map advantage. The higher seeded team will also choose to act as Team A or Team B during the map ban process.
Grand Finals Map Ban Process:
- Team A bans 1 Map
- Team B bans 1 Map
- Team B picks Map 1
- Team A picks Faction for Map 1
- Team A picks Map 2
- Team B picks Faction for Map 2
- Team B picks Map 3
- Team A picks Faction for Map 3
- Team A picks Map 4
- Team B picks Faction for Map 4
Total: USD $140,000
- 1st – $60,000
- 2nd – $35,000
- 3rd – $20,000
- 4th – $10,000
- 5th/6th – $5,000
- 7th/8th – $2,500